Not a new year.. but a back to reality blog.

Initially I intended to start blogging again, to write on the last day of 2018, with a little recap and then start fresh New Year’s Day.. New Years resolutions and all that.


Well that didn’t go to plan.. but when does life with kids ever go to plan. There just wasn’t enough time in the day, and by the time teething Theo got put to bed I was also ready to sleep myself.

So here it is. The first blog of 2019. I’d like to say the start of frequent blogs, but who really knows if I’m going to be able to stick to that. The big boys are back to school today, and Marcus is back to work, and so it’s back to our normal routine.


This was probably one of the first times ever that the holidays didn’t feel long enough. Of course I love spending time with the boys, but I think a lot of parents would agree that by the end of school holidays we are more than ready for the kids to be back at school, and I think with out knowing it the kids need it too. This time we didn’t seem to exhaust all our new things to do together, and although that’s probably a good thing it also feels like the boys are going back too early.
Quote me on that next half term, as I’m sure I’ll be singing a different song two days in!


2019 brings a lot of exciting challenges and changes, and by the end of January my baby boy would have turned one! People always say it goes quickly, and I’ve seen it happen with Jack and Toby, but the fact that I will have a one year old with in the next 4 weeks seems totally unreal!

So stay tuned, I’m sure I’ll get round to writing at some point this year!

Have a good 2019 everyone!

Happy New Year!


Comments