First Day Back At Work.


First Day Back At Work.


Not only was today the dreaded 'back to school' after the 6 weeks holiday, but my first proper day back since having baby Theo - 7 months ago!

In all fairness the day wasn't as awful as I was expecting, it was great to see some familiar faces, get out of the house and actually have to use my brain on various occasion. (As you can imagine singing nursery rhymes and picking up loose socks does not exercise the mind much at all.)

So after a pretty successful day (Morning - I am just a part timer) I decided to compile a list of Do's and Don'ts that may have benefited me more, had someone given them to me at the start of the day.


Do: Drink lots of coffee.
Don't: Overfill your cup so that you have to pour coffee in to another cup and then walk around holding two cups. (Yes, I did do this.)

Do: Leave Enough time to drop the Kids with Grandma and still make it to work on time.
Don't: Forget that the main road is closed and have to drive all round the houses and add many minutes to your journey.

Do: Remember to dress presentably.
Don't: Feed the baby porridge before you leave and only notice half way to work that you have it all over your top.

Do: Turn Up with a good attitude and be ready to work hard.
Don't: Moan about being at work. (You only have to be there half a day and the rest of your colleagues have to stay all day!) (Sorry guys, I'm still going to moan!)

Do: Enjoy being out of the house again, and enjoy catching up with the friends you havn't seen for months!
Don't: Worry.
Today turned out just fine, it was great to see everyone again, nice to be using my brain and was definitely easier than I thought it would be.




The boys had a great time with Grandma too, and it was nice receiving this little picture half way through the morning.


Visit our
InstagramYouTube and Twitter
for more of our family fun! 





Comments